During the remainder of April and the month of we will be addressing the six steps of Affirmative Prayer. Each of the steps will be taken into consideration on successive Sundays. Please join us for this timely review and exposition on one of the most important practices in the Divine Science tradition.
April 15 Pam Geddy Step 1
April 22 Mike Serruto Step 2
April 29 Mary Zick Step 3
May 5 Rachel Duvack Step 4
May 13 Claudia Schmitt Mother’s Day
May 20 Harry McLean Step 5
May 27 Jo Lynda Blake Step 6
The Six Steps of Affirmative Prayer
1. Remember God, i.e. Omnipresent Spirit. It is Universal Mind, Intelligence, Life, Energy. Contemplate Its attributes: omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotence. Consider the implications of these attributes. Spirit reaches everywhere, everything, and everyone. Spirit knows all things. Spirit can do all things and anything.
2. Consciously unite with Spirit. I am one with Spirit. I am open to Spirit. I am connecting with Spirit as of this moment, now. I can communicate with Spirit and am doing so. Spirit can communicate with me and is doing so.
3. Take back any power you are aware of having given to negativity, i.e. to ideas that you do not want to see manifest, or to any manifestations that you would like to see dissolved. “I withdraw energy from the idea that…” “I no longer entertain the idea that…” “I deny power to any appearance that…” “I realize that appearances are only ideas in form. I cease to think that…in order that it may cease to appear that…”
4. Name and affirm with feeling the good you want to see manifest. Affirm it is present now, for it is present now in Spirit. As you do this, feel all the pleasure and enthusiasm that goes with enjoyment of this good.
5. Give thanks to Spirit for all that it is and has done and for all that it can do. Express gratitude and appreciation for anything and everything related to Spirit that you can think of. For example, give thanks that Spirit exists, that it is available to you, that you know about it and are open to it, that it is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, that it has more resources of all kinds than you do on your own. Give thanks for any or every good already manifest in your life, and consciously recognize that it is a gift from Spirit.
6. Entrust your prayer and the whole prayer process to Spirit and its Law. “I now turn over this prayer to Spirit, knowing that my thought and my word manifest by Law.”